Destiny 2 is LIVE on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Players will encounter some of the old weapons returning in this sequel. Recently, we had a leak that revealed MIDA Multi-Tool will be returning to Destiny 2. It was and still is one of the most wanted Exotics in Destiny: 1.
We all know that MIDA is returning in Destiny 2 — but with a twist. There are some weapons that deal gives you benefits (Bonus damage, range etc) when combined with their alternate parts. It’s description says:
MIDA Multi-tool grants additional benefits when the Legendary Submachine Gun MIDA Mini-Tool is equipped in your Energy weapon slot. MIDA Multi-Tool pairs with MIDA Mini-Tool to create an Exotic Weapon set; this weapon is rated as Legendary to allow for both set pieces to be equipped at the same time.
Checkout the perks of new MIDA Multi-Tool:
|MIDA Multi-Tool||This weapon boosts move speed.|
|Corkscrew Rifling||Balanced Barrel|
|High-Caliber Rounds||Shots from this weapon knock the target back farther.|
|MIDA Radar||Radar stays Active while aiming down sights.|
|Hand-Laid Stock||Increased stability and handling speed.|
Steps (To Obtain MIDA Multi-Tool and MIDA Mini-Tool)
1. You need to complete a Quest called Enhance in EDZ, Earth. Note: In order to unlock this quest, you need to finish the Story campaign of Destiny 2 and must be Level 20. After that, this quest will be available for you on your EDZ Map.
2. The quest is pretty straight forward. There are couple of steps of this quest. After completing this quest, you will be given MIDA Mini-Tool as a reward from Deverim Kay.
3. After getting the MIDA Mini-Tool, you need to go to the Tower and talk to Banshee-44 (Gunsmith) and he’ll give you another quest called Sight, Shoot, Repeat. To complete this quest, you need grab a Scout Rifle and get 50 Precision Kills and 25 Multi-Kills without reloading the weapon (both of these objectives must be done using a Scout Rifle).
4. After completing the quest Sight, Shoot, Repeat; you need to go to Banshee-44 (again) and he’ll ask you to Dismantle 5 Scout Rifles (Rare or Legendary)
5. After dismantling, he’ll give you the next step for this quest called The Fall Will Kill You. To complete this step, you need to get 50 Kills while Airborne (mid-air) with a Submachine Gun (SMG).
6. After completing this quest, you can simply go over to Banshee-44 and get your new Exotic Scout Rifle MIDA Multi-Tool.
This weapon is just as same as what we had in Destiny: 1 but with an enhanced look. Keep in mind, if MIDA Multi-Tool (Exotic) and MIDA Mini-Tool (Legendary) are equipped at the same time, they will grant you some benefits that can boost your movement speed, range etc.
If you have any questions regarding this article, feel free to ask in comments below!