Bungie recently dropped a new trailer for Destiny 2 showing off it’s brand new location called European Dead Zone also known as EDZ. It is located on Earth near the Shard of the Traveler. We also got a lot of new information a our first look at new NPC!
That’s not all. We also get to see first ever gameplay of Lost Sectors (and how to get into one), Adventures, Chests, New Subclass, New Engram types and much more. Bungie is teasing more content releasing tomorrow and it’s called ‘Devoted Protector‘, ‘Truth Seeker‘ and ‘Conqueror‘. You can checkout Destiny official website for more info.
Here’s some new information we get from this gameplay:
1. Glimmer Capacity has been increased to what we can see over 50,000. (50,720 to be exact — was 25,000 in Destiny: 1)
2. Dusklight is a collectible material in EDZ that is used to level up that location’s faction. EDZ tokens will also help you level-up your faction.
3. You will get EDZ Tokens by completing activities in EDZ such as Public Events, Lost Sectors etc. Regional Chests are like ‘Golden Chests’ which will also help you get EDZ tokens and reward you with Glimmer and Engrams. (sometimes)
4. When you activate a Public Event — your Super ability will automatically be fully-charged at the start.
5. New NPC revealed! He is a Sniper named Devrim Kay fighting the threats in European Dead Zone.
6. As we can see, there will be Faction’s specific Engrams. (EDZ Engram)
7. First look at Virgin Media Sparrow in Destiny: 2.
8. Third Sub-class confirmed to be included in Destiny: 2. You will need to found specific type of relic for third sub-class for each character. Take a look: (Nightstalker Confirmed!)
9. New Engram type introduced. It’s called ‘Bright Engram’. We don’t have any information about which type of weapons/armors will it decrypt.
10. You can now Earn Exotic Engrams by completing Public Events. You’ll get a Exotic Chest that will reward you with Exotic engrams after Public Event is completed!
These are the summary of what we have seen in today’s video. There is a lot of new cool stuff to see. We have our first look at what Lost Sectors will be like and how to track one. Adventures are just like patrol missions but more in-depth. Public Events are more immense. Destiny: 2 is releasing September 6, 2017 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, October 24, 2017 on PC!
Just like Devrim Kay (new NPC in EDZ), we will get location specific NPCs in each planet as well. Below is the full video with more in-depth coverage of what we’ve discussed. What are your thoughts on this? Let us know in comments!